Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beeeeep! FailSafe Engine Mode on my '05 GT

1. Beeeeep! FailSafe Engine Mode on my '05 GT

Noticed a few others posting up about this, but didn't wanna hi-jack, so here I am. Just before arriving at the Show & Shine, I got on it a little to pass someone up, and all I got was a "nope .. not today" from my GT. Well that and a beep, followed by the message reading Engine in FailSafe Mode. Almost felt like it shut down, the loss of power was so dramatic .. so we get there, I shut down and restart, and the message goes away. Anyway, JCSGT hooks his Diablo up to it to see what codes it's giving me (thanks, Jeff), I jot those down, he clears 'em, and we continue with our day. On the way home, everything seemed perfectly fine, 'til again, I go to pass someone up, and as soon as I step on it a little, I get "denied" ... So we go a few miles, before we're able to pull into a gas station, I shut 'er down and restart, and it clears the message so we get back on the road, I set my cruise on 75, and we finally make it back. Now just gotta wait on the dealership to be open again, which'll probably be Tuesday, and maybe if I get on it a little, it'll come back on so it's doing whatever it does when I take it in. Wish me luck!

sucks to hear that.......hope they get it figured out quick for ya!

3. Sorry to hear you had such a bad day. The dealership is never open when you need them to be. Hope you get it figured out.

BLAH... dang car.......

MikeSVTGT is offline Mustang Addict US Supporting Member
    San Antonio Texas Chapter President
    United Stangs Moderator

Laura, Jeff cleared your codes on your first mishap. Your codes are still stored from your second mishap. Dealership will be able to download your fault codes and fix the problem

2011 GTCS(Daytona Pace Car #29)..............2003 Cobra Vert

6. Quote Originally Posted by mike05gt
    Laura, Jeff cleared your codes on your first mishap. Your codes are still stored from your second mishap. Dealership will be able to download your fault codes and fix the problem
    Ahh, okay, then I guess it doesn't need to act up when I am able to take it in. In the meantime, he's gonna have a look at it, as he thinks he knows what the problem is.

Sorry to hear that Laura! Rachel's car did it once but I could not get any codes off hers to figure out what the problem was. Hopefully they get your figured out and fix it for ya. :mick:

Hope they figure it out and fix it for you.
    I had mine do this when the TB motor was acting up. Mine wouldn't even run,
    had to have a truck pick me up.
    So many things it could be.
    WindEvil Blue 2005 Mustang GT Premium, Automatic
    RKSport Cal Dream RAM Air Hood w/FR Hood Pins, CDC Classic Chin Spoiler, Blue Fog light covers
    GT-500 Rear Bumper, Magnetic Blackout Panel between Tail lights, Matte Blk V6 side rocker panel
    Anthracite FR-500's 18 x 9's w/ 255/45ZR18 Goodyear Eagle F-1 Front, 275/40 ZR18 Rear
    Drilled and slotted rotors, Coast Alum. 1 piece Drive Shaft
    Magnaflow Catted X and Magnaflow Axel backs
    Saleen Stage II SC Kit with Custom Tune,GT-500 Fuel system, 39lbs injectors, 90mm MAF
    448 RWHP 418 TOR

What a bad day for stangs yetserday. I think Kenedy texas is bad luck. haha (sorry brian!)

10. Quote Originally Posted by sc67stang
    Hope they figure it out and fix it for you.
    I had mine do this when the TB motor was acting up. Mine wouldn't even run,
    had to have a truck pick me up.
    So many things it could be.
    Yeah, one of the codes Jeff pulled had something to do with the TB actually, so we shall see ...